MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME
Respondent, by the undersigned counsel, and unto this Honorable Office of the City Prosecutor, most respectfully states that:
1. Respondent engaged the services of undersigned counsel only on _____________;
2. Respondent received the subpoena on _____________ and thus has until _____________ within which to submit his counter-affidavit;
3. However, due to the pressures of equally urgent professional work and prior commitments, the undersigned counsel will not be able to meet the said deadline;
4. As such, undersigned counsel is constrained to request for an additional period of _____________ from today within which to submit Respondent’s counter-affidavit and other supporting evidence. Moreover, this additional time will also allow the undersigned to interview the available witness and study this case;
5. This Motion is not intended for delay but solely due to the foregoing reasons.
P R A Y E R
WHEREFORE, Respondent most respectfully prays of this Honorable City Prosecutor of _____________ that he be given an additional period of _____________ from today within which to submit his counter-affidavit and other documentary evidence.
MOST RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED.
Other relief just and equitable are likewise prayed for.
_____________, Philippines, __Date__.
(NOTICE OF HEARING)(E
2019 AMENDMENTS TO THE 1997 RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE (A.M. NO. 19-10-20-SC)
Section 11. Extension of time to file an answer. – A defendant may, for meritorious reasons, be granted
an additional period of not more than thirty (30) calendar days to file an answer. A defendant is only
allowed to file one (1) motion for extension of time to file an answer.
A motion for extension to file any pleading, other than an answer, is prohibited and considered
a mere scrap of paper. The court, however, may allow any other pleading to be filed after the time fixed
by these Rules. (11a)