Taxpayers are required to keep records of their Books of Accounts, tax filings, official receipts and payments for 10 years, when any of these records are lost or destroyed the business owner is required to submit an affidavit of loss to the Bureau of Internal as proof of loss.
I, ______________________, of legal age, married, Filipino, and residing at ___________________________, _________ City, after having been duly sworn, hereby depose and state: That—
1. I am the owner of _______________ with business address at __________________;
2. Sometime on ___________, due to flood, fire, various documents were damaged;
3. The ________________________ could not be found despite diligent search and efforts;
4. Sales Invoices, Official Receipts, Vouchers, Books of Account and other documents were destroyed and/or lost;
5. Diligent efforts were exerted to retrieve or locate the aforesaid documents and records but to no avail;
6. I am executing this affidavit to attest to the truthfulness of the foregoing statements and for whatever legal purpose this may serve best.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto affixed my signature this ___ day of ________________ at ____________________________, Philippines.